Employees have many legal protections that independent contractors simply do not get, including health insurance, paid sick days, overtime, disability plans, retirement benefits, occupational safety laws, and anti-discrimination safeguards. Recognizing the hardship...
Helping You Navigate Employment Law
Month: May 2021
- Hurwitz Law Celebrates Women’s History Month And Fights For Equal Pay
- Raising Awareness of Racial Discrimination During Black History Month
- When the Boss Uses a Position of Authority to Create a Sexually Hostile Work Environment
- Five Years After the #MeToo Movement – Sexual Harassment Still Happens and Employers Turn a Blind Eye Toward It
- EEOC Charges, Michigan Wage and Hour Complaints, and NLRB Complaints: Explained