Helping You Navigate Employment Law
Noah S. Hurwitz
Noah S. Hurwitz is a trusted advisor and advocate for clients looking to be on the right side of the law. Mr. Hurwitz utilizes his experience as a former partner of a national law firm and in-house counsel for America's largest mortgage lender to counsel employees and businesses on a vast array of employment law issues. Mr. Hurwitz regularly advises on employment agreements, restrictive covenants, discrimination, whistleblowing, misappropriation of trade secrets, risk management, wage and hour law, handbook policies, and employee benefits. He is also a seasoned litigator in state and federal courts throughout Michigan and has successfully litigated matters involving the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA). Mr. Hurwitz is an expert in appellate law, having argued appeals before the Michigan Court of Appeals and the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
Mr. Hurwitz believes that there is always a right decision to be made at any point in time given the circumstances. He thrives in assisting clients with identifying the relevant information, considering all the options, and recommending the best course of action. Mr. Hurwitz is a 24/7 attorney who relishes the opportunity to save the day. His clients will attest that his responsiveness sets him apart from other legal professionals. Mr. Hurwitz opens his calendar to clients on nights and weekends, ensuring that questions get answered and problems get solved.
Mr. Hurwitz gives back to the business community by regularly presenting on employment law issues to organizations throughout Michigan. He likes to "tell it like it is," calling upon his varied experiences that allow him to speak from a position of expertise on so many topics. He has an astounding track record of success for clients and owes the majority of his business to client referrals. He is recognized in Michigan Super Lawyers as a Rising Star for Business Litigation, Employment & Labor, and Civil Litigation Defense. Aside from counseling his clients, Mr. Hurwitz enjoys exploring his native Ann Arbor community with his wife and sons, coaching baseball and soccer, playing tennis, and patronizing local businesses.
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- J.D. - 2010
- Honors: cum laude
- James Madison College at Michigan State University
- B.A. - 2003
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois
- United States District Courts, Northern District of Illinois, Judicial Intern
- Eastern District of Louisiana, Judicial Intern
- Recognized in Michigan Super Lawyers® as a Rising Star for Business Litigation, Employment & Labor, and Civil Litigation Defense, 2013-Present
- Recognized in Michigan Super Lawyers® as a Super Lawyer for Business Litigation, Employment & Labor, and Civil Litigation Defense, 2022
- State Bar of Michigan - Character and Fitness Committee; Civil Litigation Section
- Washtenaw County Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- American Bar Association – Section of Labor and Employment Law
- Oakland County Bar Association